Tuesday, September 22, 2009

new APA tidbits

I'm wondering what my library teammates have discovered in th 6th edition of the beloved APA Manual. I've already found a couple things new things, plus a few I thought were new but were really old things that I just didn't know from the previous edition.

What's new to you in the latest APA Manual?

1. NEW: In the reference page listing for a book, all cities now get their 2-letter state abbreviations. So no more trying to remember the list of which cities were exempt.

2. NEW TO ME: Although I knew that personal communications don't get listed on the reference page, I learned that classical words (like the Bible and the Qur'an) do not get listed on the reference page either. (See p. 174.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.markbattypublisher.com/jsp/buytramadol/#0249 tramadol hcl xr 200 mg - buy tramadol online in uk

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the commitment you put into your site and detailed information you present.

It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that
isn't the same old rehashed material. Fantastic read!

I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my
Google account.

my webpage - seo ()